We Will Fight
Let’s take the first step together and get you the best possible outcome.
We are here every step of the way.
Local Court Work is ALL we do
We work almost exclusively in the LOCAL COURTS of NSW, providing affordable and professional legal advice and representation.
Need to talk to someone about going to court?
The Local Court Lawyers Will:
- Meet with you and talk about your situation
- Explain the law and penalties
- Find out the circumstances about how and why you were charged
- Explain your options and any available defenses
- Give you advice on whether to plead guilty or not guilty
- Formulate the best strategy for your case
- Advise you on anything you can do to improve your position – for example, a course, some counselling, a doctor’s report
- Guide and advise you in getting character and professional references
- Liaise with the court and police, on your behalf
- Advise you about going to court – who should accompany you, when to arrive, what to wear, what to bring to a hearing
- Prepare your case
- If necessary we will instruct an experienced barrister
- Attend all court ‘mentions’ and adjournments
- Represent you in court – we do all the speaking, on your behalf – we explain your circumstances and make submissions to the Magistrate, framed in a way to do our best to reduce your penalty or sentence
- Send you a plain-English written summary of what happened and what your penalty is after the matter is finalised. This will ensure you always have a record of what the Magistrate decided and any relevant dates (such as when any fine is due, or when any license suspension, and any good behaviour bond ends).
Our Practice Areas:
And other areas:
We Will get you the best possible outcome in the Local Court
View our video to see how the Local Court Lawyers can help you: